You are here
Translink Transport Resources
Encourage pupils to explore sustainable transport, with these terrific lesson ideas.
Years: 3, 4, 5, 6
Curriculum Objectives: 9
Subjects: English, Geography, PSHE
Translink and Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful have joined forces to create these fantastic resources, which have been developed to complement the Eco-Schools award scheme. The classroom activities aim to raise awareness about the impact of transport on the environment, and to demonstrate the importance of travelling in a more sustainable way. All have been developed to fully support the Key Stage 2 National Curriculum.
Download the resources from Translink
Photo © Translink
- Articulate and justify answers, arguments and opinions.
- Ask relevant questions to extend their understanding and knowledge.
- Consider and evaluate different viewpoints, attending to and building on the contributions of others.
- Listen and respond appropriately to adults and peers
- Participate in discussions, presentations, performances, role play, improvisations and debates.
- Use relevant strategies to build their vocabulary.
- Use spoken language to develop understanding through speculating, hypothesising, imagining and exploring ideas.
- Use fieldwork to observe, measure, record and present the human and physical features in the local area using a range of methods, including sketch maps, plans and graphs, and digital technologies.