You are here
Investigate some unusual alternatives to travelling by car...
Years: 3, 4, 5, 6
Curriculum Objectives: 5
With this video, your class can join Martin Kiszko on a poetic adventure as he offers up a collection of exciting and unusual alternatives to travelling by car. The poem is a fantastic tool to help stimulate children’s creative thinking skills, and an ideal inrtoduction for any work related to transport or sustainable travel. There are plenty of ways we can get around without using our cars, so why not encourage pupils to compose their own version of the poem, inspired by Martin's ideas?
(Click the zip file to download this film in hi-definition)
- Year 3 and 4 (Age 7-9)
- Listen to and discuss a wide range of fiction, poetry, plays, non-fiction, reference books or textbooks.
- Recognise some different forms of poetry [e.g. free verse, narrative poetry].
- Year 5 and 6 (Age 9-11)
- Continue to read and discuss an increasingly wide range of fiction, poetry, plays, non-fiction and reference books or textbooks.
- Learn a wider range of poetry by heart.
- Prepare poems and plays to read aloud and perform, showing understanding through intonation, tone and volume so that meaning is clear to an audience.