You are here
Investigate sustainable cities with this great online resource...
Years: 3, 4, 5, 6
Curriculum Objectives: 6
Subjects: Computing, PSHE, Science
Encourage your pupils to think about sustainability with this great online resource, from the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
Children can explore Recycle City to see how its people reduce waste, use less energy, and save money- whether they’re at home, at work, or out and about in their neighborhoods. This activity was designed with the classroom in mind, and it’s a great tool for giving lessons on recycling a real-life context!
- Understand computer networks including the internet; how they can provide multiple services, such as the world wide web; and the opportunities they offer for communication and collaboration.
- Select, use and combine a variety of software on a range of digital devices to design and create programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals, including collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting information.
- Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact.
- Year 4 (Age 8-9)
- Compare and group materials together, according to whether they are solids, liquids or gases.
- Year 5 (Age 9-10)
- Give reasons, based on evidence from comparative and fair tests, for the particular uses of everyday materials, including metals, wood and plastic.