You are here
Oxfam Water Week
Explore water issues around the world and challenge your class to change the way they use water...
Years: 5, 6, All
Curriculum Objectives: 9
Subjects: English, PSHE
Encourage your pupils to learn about and take action on water issues, with these great lesson resources from Oxfam!
Oxfam Water Week for Schools provides opportunities for young people to learn and think critically about water issues, before taking informed and meaningful action. These activities could be completed in just one or two sessions, or extended further if necessary. The introductory presentation is a useful teaching tool to kick off the project, but also works as an interesting assembly resource in its own right.
Some of the resources in this pack were designed for Year 7, but can be easily adapted to work well for higher ability year 5 and 6 classes.
Find out more information here: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/education/resources/water-week.
Photo © Oxfam
- Articulate and justify answers, arguments and opinions.
- Ask relevant questions to extend their understanding and knowledge.
- Consider and evaluate different viewpoints, attending to and building on the contributions of others.
- Give well-structured descriptions, explanations and narratives for different purposes.
- Listen and respond appropriately to adults and peers
- Maintain attention and participate actively in collaborative conversations.
- Participate in discussions, presentations, performances, role play, improvisations and debates.
- Use relevant strategies to build their vocabulary.