You are here
Make your own junk instrument
Turn bits of rubbish into a musical treat with help from these video instructions
Years: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Curriculum Objectives: 5
Subjects: D&T, Music
Find out how to make amazing string, wind and percussion instruments all out of the rubbish in your bin! Follow these fantastic instructional videos from Bash the Trash and learn how you can reuse and repurpose ordinary waste items and turn them into musical instruments.
Handy tip: If your school does not allow access to YouTube videos use a 'YouTube ripper' such as Wondershare to save these videos for the children to view themselves.
- Select from and use a wide range of materials and components, including construction materials, textiles and ingredients, according to their characteristics
- Experiment with, create, select and combine sounds using the inter-related dimensions of music.
- Play tuned and untuned instruments musically
- Play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression.
- Improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the inter-related dimensions of music.