You are here
The lesson has been designed to help teachers cover the following subject areas: KS2 Maths – measurement, geometry and statistics. With thanks to the Eden Project for allowing us to share their resource. For more equally inspirational lesson plans written by them please visit http://www.edenproject.com/learn/schools/lesson-plans
- Year 3 (Age 7-8)
- Measure the perimeter of simple 2-D shapes.
- Measure, compare, add and subtract: lengths (m/cm/mm).
- Year 4 (Age 8-9)
- Interpret and present discrete and continuous data using appropriate graphical methods, including bar charts and time graphs.
- Measure and calculate the perimeter of a rectilinear figure (including squares) in centimetres and metres.
- Year 5 (Age 9-10)
- Measure and calculate the perimeter of composite rectilinear shapes in centimetres and metres.
- Calculate and compare the area of rectangles (including squares), and including using standard units, square centimetres (cm^2) and square metres (m^2) and estimate the area of irregular shapes.
- Year 6 (Age 10-11)
- Recognise that shapes with the same areas can have different perimeters and vice versa.
- Use, read, write and convert between standard units, converting measurements of length, mass, volume and time from a smaller unit of measure to a larger unit, and vice versa, using decimal notation to up to three decimal places.