You are here
Farmer Jack: Chapter 1
Meet Farmer Jack, and his lovely cow Crumble! (Chapter 1 of 5)
Years: 3, 4, 5, 6
Curriculum Objectives: 8
Meet Farmer Jack, and his lovely cow Crumble! Jack’s got a fascinating story to tell, all about his great-great-great-great grandfather, and his adventures with some magic beans…
As well as being a great standalone resource, the Farmer Jack films can be used to inspire different areas of learning. After watching this video, why not explore how beans grow, with our exciting instruction writing lesson? Pupils can then apply their knowledge with this resource from SAPS, which introduces the concepts of plant biology through a fun, snakes-and-ladders style game.
Follow Farmer Jack on his journey by watching the rest of our fabulous food films found in the related resources section on the left of your screen.
(Click the zip file to download this chapter in hi-definition)
Farmer Jack Chapter 1 (hi-definition)
- Year 3 and 4 (Age 7-9)
- Assess effectiveness, and suggest improvements, for their own and others’ writing.
- Compose and rehearse sentences orally, progressively building a rich vocabulary and a range of sentence structures.
- Discuss and record ideas.
- Organise paragraphs around a theme.
- Use conjunctions, adverbs and prepositions to express time and cause.
- Year 5 (Age 9-10)
- Describe the life process of reproduction in some plants and animals.