You are here
ECO-nomics 1: Introduction and Finding your Role
A fantastic young enterprise project exploring sustainable products. Lesson 1 focuses around finding team roles
Years: 5, 6
Curriculum Objectives: 3
If we want pupils to be ready for the world of work in the future, then it’s important to teach them about commerce and enterprise from an early age. That’s why this fantastic enterprise project has three main goals:
• To develop children’s leadership and team-working skills;
• To educate pupils about entrepreneurship;
• To promote sustainable consumerism.
Linked with the ‘Clothes Drive’ Mission of Sustainable Shaun (www.sustainableshaun.com) this ECO-nomics challenge is designed to run over a series of lessons with eight tasks, all with associated plans and resources.
Lesson 1: Finding your role in the team. In this lesson children will look at different roles within the team, apply for a position and formulate a team.
Children will work in teams to research, design, make, sell and evaluate a sustainable product. All learning materials are adaptable, and designed to fully support the Key Stage 2 National Curriculum. Ideal for a class or eco team project, ECO-nomics will challenge your pupils to make money whilst saving the planet at the same time!
- Consider and evaluate different viewpoints, attending to and building on the contributions of others.
- Listen and respond appropriately to adults and peers
- Maintain attention and participate actively in collaborative conversations.