You are here
Inspire pupils to think about sustainable transport in a fun and creative way...
Years: 5, 6
Curriculum Objectives: 14
Our TV and computer screens, radios, magazines and billboards are saturated with car advertisements. Inspired by HEC Global Learning Global Footprints' ‘Transport Literacy' programme, these engaging English lessons aim to alert children to the exaggerations and false impressions made by car advertisements, in a fun and cooperative way! Ideal for topic work related to sustainability and transport, these lessons will develop pupils’ persuasive language skills and computing abilities, through the suggested use of green screen software.
HEC Global Learning Centre
Global Footprints Lesson Ideas
- Select, use and combine a variety of software on a range of digital devices to design and create programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals, including collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting information.
- Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact.
- Participate in discussions, presentations, performances, role play, improvisations and debates.
- Use spoken language to develop understanding through speculating, hypothesising, imagining and exploring ideas.
- Year 5 and 6 (Age 9-11)
- Ask questions to improve their understanding.
- Assess the effectiveness of their own and others’ writing.
- Discuss and evaluate how authors use language, considering the impact on the reader.
- Distinguish between statements of fact and opinion.
- Identify how language, structure and presentation contribute to meaning.
- Identify the audience for and purpose of writing, selecting the appropriate form and using other similar writing as models.
- Perform their own compositions, using appropriate intonation, volume, and movement so that meaning is clear.
- Précis longer passages.
- Retrieve, record and present information from non-fiction.
- Use dictionaries to check the spelling and meaning of words.