You are here
Butterfly Education and Awareness Day
Get outside and spot some brilliant butterflies today!
This day gives the opportunity to use a cross-curricular approach to lesson ideas all based around our fluttery friends.
- study a butterfly’s life cycle
- learn the word butterfly in several different languages
- find out if there is a state butterfly where you live and study its habits
- raise a butterfly at home or in the classroom
- celebrate the end of the school year by releasing butterflies or better still plant a butterfly garden/habitat?
This year, 2020, is the 10th annual Butterfly Education and Awareness Day (BEAD) with the creation of a international day to celebrate butterflies we will promote the importance and joy of butterfly gardening and habitat creation/restoration.
Aesthetically pleasing, important pollinators, and excellent teachers of metamorphosis, the butterfly can be celebrated through a variety of activities.
Click HERE to see plans for a Community Program you can use for BEAD. Thanks to Lori Harris for a well-thought-out program that anyone can do!